A total of 15 workshops are set for fixed operations professionals attending the 2017 RV Dealers International Convention/Expo, making it an important event for dealers who want their parts and service staff to excel in their field.
According to a press release, the Nov. 6-10 convention dates “make the timing ideal since it follows the peak of the season.”
All parts and service personnel are also invited to attend an awards and education session for the Society of Certified RV Professionals on the evening of Nov. 6. The education presentation by Janelle Barlow will focus on the topic: “Make Your Brand Come Alive in Your Service,” and is especially relevant for fixed operations managers.
Certified personnel can earn continuing education units (CEUs) toward recertification by participating in education workshops at the convention/expo.
The presenters and workshops are as follows:
- “Managing Parts Inventory: Not Your Common Parts Inventory Challenge,” to be presented by Mike Nicholes.
- “Turning Customers from Upset to Loyal,” to be presented by Valerie Ziebron.
- “The RV Dealership vs. The Online Merchant,” to be presented by Mike Nicholes.
- “Better Communication for Better Dealership Results,” to be presented by Pete Smith.
- “Refresh and Repeat: 10 Secrets to Keeping Your Store New and Exciting,” to be presented by Linda Cahan.
- “Turning Customer Craziness into Sales,” to be presented by Linda Cahan.
- “Making Your Store a Profit Center,” to be presented by Gary Weaver.
- “4 Essentials to 100% Service Absorption,” to be presented by Don Reed.
- “Hawaiian Shirt Day is Not the Answer: Discover the Intrinsic Motivators that Drive Employee Success,” to be presented by Carletta Clyatt.
- “Do You Have a Service Coordinator in Place?,” to be presented by David Foco. Video Preview.
- “Lessons from the Master Service Advisor,” to be presented by Valerie Ziebron.
- “Upper Management’s Role in Service Success,” to be presented by Valerie Ziebron.
- “The Branded Customer Experience: Your New Competitive Edge,” to be presented by Janelle Barlow. Workshop Preview.
- “Do You Have Order Takers or Sales People in Your Parts and Service Departments?,” to be presented by George Dans.
- “Parts Processes that Boost Your Service Sales,” to be presented by Ken Barnes.
- “Compliance: 2018 Compliance Outlook,” to be presented by Randy Henrick.
- “Compliance: CFPB-Proof Your Dealership,” to be presented by James Ganther.
Convention registration is available for RVDA members at a significantly lower rate than for non-members. The theme of the convention/expo is Gear Up for Success. The tracked education workshops take place Nov. 8-10 while Vendor Training Plus takes place Nov. 6-7.
The two days of Vendor Training Plus sessions are hosted by industry leaders who provide products and services for dealers. Vendor Training Plus sessions offer dealership professionals time for in-depth discussions with vendor partners. See a full listing of participating Vendor Training Plus companies and exhibitors on the convention website.
Parts and service managers will have the added benefit of an expo hall that features a sold-out exhibit hall, vehicle displays, and a motivational opening general session featuring keynote speaker Chris Helder.
The convention is sponsored by the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA), RVDA of Canada, and the Mike Molino RV Learning Center. Each year the Convention/Expo Committee focuses on featuring new presenters to keep the content relevant and fresh for dealers.
The convention will also feature an expo of the RV industry’s top companies offering products and services to help dealers improve profitability. Companies interested in partnership and sponsorship opportunities and exhibitor information can contact Julie Newhouse at (703) 364-5518 or send an email to [email protected]
Visit www.rvda.org/convention for regular updates as the convention approaches. You can also get convention updates on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.