The RV Industry Association’s (RVIA) Workplace Safety Taskforce will host a half-day Workplace Safety Seminar Thursday, Nov. 2, at the Lerner Theatre in Elkhart, Ind. The seminar will include multiple sessions ranging from presentations from companies setting the bar on workplace safety, speakers with keen insights on why workplace safety is important, and a panel focused on specific actions your company can take to improve workplace safety for your teams.
The event and keynote speaker are sponsored by Forest River, THOR Industries, and Winnebago Industries.
- 7:30 a.m.: Doors Open and Breakfast
- 8 a.m.: Welcome and short presentation on the Workplace Safety Taskforce with a snapshot of where the industry currently stands from Taskforce Chair Tim Edwards of THOR Industries
- 8:15 a.m.: Keynote Speaker: Rodney Grieve, Identifying Cultural Hazards: 4 Clues Your Organization Is Out of Balance
- 9:30 a.m.: Break
- 9:45 a.m.: Presentation from Kelli Smith and Carmen Wegener of Cummins on their safety journey with key takeaways for the RV industry
- 10:45 a.m.: Break
- 11 a.m.: Industry Case Studies
- Lisa Fry from B&B Molders on the importance of leadership and culture
- Josh Overmyer from Thor Motor Coach on their tiered auditing program
- 11:50 a.m.: Closing Remarks
- Noon-1 p.m.: Lunch and Networking
A full breakfast and lunch are included. and the workshop is free for RV Industry Association members.