Airstream Inc. today (Sept 8) announced the launch of its newest travel trailer, the Airstream Basecamp. (To view a video scroll down the right side of the RVBUSINESS.com home page).
According to a press release, the Basecamp stays true to the roots of Airstream’s founder Wally Byam’s credo, which includes the mission, “To provide a more satisfying meaningful way of travel that offers complete travel independence, wherever and whenever you choose to go.”
“It’s easy to get slowed down and overwhelmed by the detailed planning of and the packing for an adventure. We’ve all been there, and before you know it, you’re overwhelmed and putting the trip on the back burner,” said Airstream CEO and President Bob Wheeler. “With its lighter weight and easier towing experience, Basecamp is a fully-loaded adventure waiting to happen. All you need to do is head out and decide whether to go right or left at the end of your driveway.”
The Basecamp is the lightest trailer in the Airstream fleet, which, combined with an aggressive departure angle, makes uneven terrain accessible and towing easier.
Other notable features of the Basecamp include:
- Convertible rear space that designed to easily adapt for eating, sleeping, lounging or storing a lot of gear.
- Large rear cargo hatch and flexible storage space with tie-downs allows for easy loading and unloading.
- Bathroom with toilet and shower, including shower head pass through for convenient use in the most remote locations.
- Kitchen which offers a cooktop, stainless steel sink and refrigerator.
- Wireless Bose Bluetooth Soundlink Color speaker.
- Options include an enclosed patio and rear tent that seamlessly attach to the Basecamp roof track allowing for extra outside storage.
“We designed Basecamp to rekindle the desire to explore nature and get outdoors,” said Wheeler. “Whether it’s for the long-time camper who has a garage full of high-end gear that’s no longer used, or for the person who has always wanted to get out more but was hesitant, Basecamp is the passport to unimaginable new experiences.”
Basecamp was designed in collaboration with Bryan Thompson, an automotive designer with more than 15 years of experience working with top global automotive brands. With a base weight of just 2,585 pounds and maximum trailer capacity (GVWR) of 3,500 pounds, Basecamp is towable with a variety of small and mid-sized SUVs and Crossovers.
Basecamp has an MSRP of $34,900.
Airstream dealers are taking reservations now and will begin receiving inventory in October. For more information about Basecamp visit www.Airstream.com.