The deadline to apply for the Mike Molino RV Learning Center college scholarship has been extended to Aug. 17.
According to a press release, college undergraduates, including rising sophomores, juniors and seniors – that currently work in the RV industry or are a dependent of an RV industry employee – majoring in human resources, marketing, business, accounting, or other RV Industry related fields are eligible to apply.
A $2,500 award will be applied to the cost of tuition for the 2018-2019 school year. This would be the 28th scholarship provided under the program.
Dealers are encouraged to extend this opportunity to their dealership team because of their employment in the RV industry. Therefore, a primary factor for awarding the scholarship is the family’s or applicant’s background of RV industry employment or the applicant’s desire to work in the RV business after completing post-secondary education.
Posters publicizing the scholarship are available as free download from the RV Learning Center. To obtain an application, poster, or more information, click here.
- Attend an accredited four-year college or university and be a rising sophomore, junior or senior undergraduate student.
- Have a 2.8 or better cumulative grade point average, and a 1050 minimum SAT score (1575 minimum on the 2400 point scale). A minimum ACT composite score of 22 is also acceptable.
- Complete a 500-word essay on their goals and objectives for college and career.
- Submit a copy of their Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) form which is completed online at http://fafsa.ed.gov. If you need help on how to complete a FAFSA form, watch this video.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to fund a portion of their educational expenses on their own.
All materials noted above must be received by the Learning Center no later than Aug. 17. Dealer principals and their family and dependents, are not eligible for the award.
The scholarship program is possible through the generosity of the Newt and Joanne Kindlund Family. The Kindlunds are the founders of Holiday RV Superstores, the first publicly-traded RV dealership. The Kindlunds sold the company in 1999. Newt Kindlund remains an active participant in RV industry affairs and currently serves as director emeritus to the Mike Molino RV Learning Center board of directors.
For more information on the RV Learning Center, go to www.rvlearningcenter.com, send an e-mail to [email protected], or fax to 703-591-0734. The RV Learning Center is a tax-exempt organization as described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code. Contributions may be tax deductible as charitable donations.