The National Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds (ARVC) is now providing its state affiliates with information on product recalls that could affect health and safety of private park operators and/or their guests.
ARVC monitors recall notices from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and sends relevant recall notices to affiliated state executives along with information to members via the ARVC State Brief and ARVC News.
Product recalls have been issued this year for a variety of products widely used in campgrounds, RV parks and resorts include:
• Coleman Rubber River Tubes sold exclusively at Walmart due to skin irrigation hazard.
• Hewlett-Packard notebook computer AC power cord due to fire and burn hazards.
• Kidde smoke/carbon monoxide alarms due to alarm failure.
• Northstar liquid fuel lantern due to fire hazard.
• Siemens SBGA-34 fire alarm due to alarm failure.
• Trident pool gate latches due to failure to secure hazardous areas.
• Trident ultraviolet sanitation system for pools due to fire hazards.