Nearly 100 park operators from California, Arizona and California are gathering in Temecula, Calif., today (Feb. 27) to attend CalARVC’s Software Education Day.
The daylong event, representing the largest software education event to date in the campground industry, is taking place at the Pechanga Resort & Casino.
“We still have people signing and more could show up today,” said Debbie Sipe, executive director of the California Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (CalARVC), which has several months organizing the event.
Participating vendors include:
- Aspira, a Dallas, Texas-based company best known for owning and operating ReserveAmerica.com, which supports reservations for more than 5,000 mostly public park campgrounds and more 17 million unique visitors per year. Aspira also offers a comprehensive administrative management system and is broadening its reach to include more privately owned parks.
- Campground Automation, a Mt. Juliet, Tenn.-baed company whose product offering includes self service check in kiosks as well as front desk management software, which it markets as the Sunrise Panorama reservation system.
- Campspot, a Grand Rapids, Mich.-based company that offers a real-time, web based reservation software application. Campspot’s customers include parks affiliated with the Jellystone Park Camp-Resort franchise network, Northgate Resorts and Adventure Bound Camping Resorts.
- Mission Management, a Niagara Falls, Ont.-based company that offers the Astra Campground Manager front desk management system, which can be locally hosted or cloud based, depending on the strength and reliability of the park’s Internet service. Mission Management’s recent purchase of RVParky.com has integrated over 333,000 Android and Apple iOS app downloads, 120,000 active users, 31,000 campground reviews and 22,000 campground locations into Mission Management’s Astra reservation system.
- ResNexus, a 13-year-old Salem, Utah-based company that got its start in 2005 by developing cloud-based reservation software for the bed and breakfast industry. The company has since broadened its reach to include the campground industry and currently has over 2,400 properties.
- RMS North America, a San Diego, Calif.-based company whose reservation and property management system handles everything from online bookings to credit card processing, check ins, check outs and dynamic pricing.
Today’s Software Education Day precedes CalARVC’s Spring RV Park Day, which takes place Wednesday in the same location.
Tomorrow’s session features a daylong emergency planning workshop with the FBI, Border Patrol and a leading disaster planning consultant.