CARAVAN SALON, the world’s largest trade fair for motorhomes and towable RVs, is preparing for its 2015 edition set for Aug. 29-Sept. 6 at the Caravan Center in Düsseldorf with a trade visitors day scheduled for Aug. 28.
Themed “Your New Window to the World,” the show will feature 590 international exhibitors presenting towable RVs, motorhomes and basis vehicles from 130 brands – a total of over 2,000 vehicles will be on display. The fair, spread out over 11 halls along with outdoor space, will also offer a comprehensive market overview of accessories, detachable parts, tents, mobile homes and travel destinations.
“Camping as a form vacationing is continuing to enjoy great popularity and exhibitors this year will also be showcasing all sorts of highlights and many world innovations,” said Director Stefan Koschke.
Further growth at the CARAVAN SALON has led to a new hall structure. The van vehicle category has already been posting huge growth for several years now. These compact vehicles are extremely popular with both families and couples of all ages because they can also be used in everyday life.
The accessories segment with themes like tents, folding and tent caravans, camping equipment, outdoor products and recreational items will move into Hall 5 while the tourism segment with camping and motor home pitches as well as travel destinations will be found in Hall 7 right at Entrance North.
Other attractions include:
• Dream Tour Cinema on the outdoor space (pavilion between Halls 16 and 10) where spectators can learn about exciting caravan destinations.
• In the open space in Hall 5 the “E-Bike Circuit” offers visitors the chance to test and try out the road properties of electro-bikes and electro scooters” on separate terrain.
• The vintage exhibition is traditionally one of the special audience magnets as members of the Camping Oldie Clubs (COC) in Hall 7 and at Entrance North present caravanning gems from the 1960’s.
• The Caravaning Industrie Verband (CIVD) in Hall 10 allows visitors to engage in a competition circuit at various stations to win a range of attractive prizes.
• Held again in parallel on the second weekend is the hiking and trekking fair TourNatur. The move into Hall 4 means it is now even more closely linked to CARAVAN SALON with shorter distances and better orientation.