Gerard Dufrésne of Caravanes de la Petite Nation in Gatineau, Quebec, was named 2014 Canadian RV Dealer of the Year Award Monday (Dec. 1) at the Canada Night Dinner in Louisville, Ky.
Dufrésne accepted the award, presented by RV Lifestyle Magazine, at the annual event held by the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA) of Canada.
The award is presented to a candidate who has:
* Demonstrated long-term dedication to the RV industry and promotion of the RV lifestyle by the acting dealer principal of a recognized full-service dealership.
* Show commitment and participation in the RVDA at the provincial or national level.
* Been recognized by customers and peers as a person with the highest integrity and credibility in both work and personal life.
* Made a contribution to the community.
According to the release, Dufresne has been in the RV industry for over 20 years. During his career, he has always demonstrated exceptional discipline and an unparalleled attention for work well done. He has always been able to evolve at the industry’s pace and make adjustments year after year. This has enabled him to adapt his products in order to position his company amongst the best. His go-getter personality and expertise make him a respected figure within the RV industry.
Other nominees for the award included:
* Rodney Friesen, Voyager RV, Winfield, British Columbia.
* Craig Anstead, Paradise RV, Leduc, Red Deer, Grand Prairie, Alberta.
* Kyle Redmond, Bucars Rv Centre, Balzac, Alberta.
* Kyle Kehoe, Kehoe RV, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
* Christopher Stovold, The RV Warehouse, Cookstown, Ontario.