Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. (FCCC) will unveil DriveTech, an advanced display and controls system, during this week’s America’s Largest RV Show in Hershey, Pa.
On display in Block 506 at the show, DriveTech puts every command in one easy-to-reach location, according to a press release. A standard feature on all 2020 model-year Class A coaches from FCCC, DriveTech’s all-new ergonomic steering wheel and column-mounted controls are paired with OptiView’s all-digital gauge display to create a more automotive-like feel.
“For the past five years, FCCC has been dedicated to finding innovative ways to make the luxury RV experience more approachable and enjoyable for our customers,” said Jeremy Buckmeier, RV product manager for FCCC. “With DriveTech, we’ve furthered that mission by introducing streamlined, simplified controls so drivers can focus more on maneuvering and piloting their RV, making them more comfortable behind the wheel than ever before.”
A recent study found 80% of collisions and 65% of near collisions involved some form of driver distraction, often from using electronic devices while driving. DriveTech simplifies controls to help drivers focus their full attention on maneuvering and piloting the coach.
DriveTech features and highlights:
● OptiView all-digital instrument cluster features a bright, anti-glare display and easy-to-read interface.
● Bluetooth connectivity provides hands-free operation through easy-to-reach controls.
● Tire pressure monitoring system (optional) shows pressure of each tire and triggers alerts for low pressure, high pressure or leaks including tires on a trailer or tow vehicle.
● OptiView instrument cluster accesses extensive and customizable coach data, including fuel economy, performance settings, vehicle and internal diagnostics, transmission prognostics and system information.
● RoadWatch (optional)— FCCC’s state-of-the art assisted driving and safety system that includes adaptive cruise control and collision mitigation.
● Push-to-Start button (optional) and advanced key fob includes two buttons for OEM-programmable actions.
● Right-hand paddles allow for easy-to-reach column controls versus traditional shifter pads.