Ford F-Series announced the launch of the 2020 F-Series Super Duty, “its most capable and powerful heavy-duty pickup ever,” according to a press release.
Built from the ground up, the new 2020 F-Series Super Duty pickup offers durability and capability. It owns six key best-in-class heavy-duty pickup truck claims for full-size pickups over 8,500 pounds, including:
- Available diesel gooseneck towing of up to 37,000 pounds.
- Maximum available diesel fifth-wheel towing of 32,500 pounds.
- Maximum available diesel conventional towing of 24,200 pounds.
- Diesel power and torque with available 6.7-liter Power Stroke diesel V8 delivering 475 horsepower and 1,050 ft.-lbs.
- Gas power and torque from all-new available 7.3-liter V8 delivering 430 horsepower and 475 ft.-lbs.
- Maximum payload capacity of 7,850 pounds with standard 6.2-liter gas engine.
The 2020 Super Duty also offers a “Tremor” off-road package and will have maximum towing of up to 15,000 pounds for conventional trailers and 21,900 pounds for gooseneck trailers with the available diesel, in addition to 4,210 pounds maximum payload capacity with the all-new 7.3-liter gas engine that is available.
“Ford truck customers are helping them customers work even harder with the most available diesel towing, payload, torque and power you can get in a heavy-duty pickup,” said Mike Pruitt, Super Duty chief engineer. “We’re excited to be in the nation’s largest truck market at the State Fair of Texas announcing we’ve surpassed the kilotorque barrier and made it standard with every pickup truck featuring a Power Stroke diesel engine.”