The Go RVing tour of experiential events is set to make a stop at the inaugural Outside Experience in downtown Chicago in a few weeks.
Said to be “an unprecedented two-day event for outdoor enthusiasts of all skill levels and ages,” Outside Experience, presented by Go RVing, will take place July 13-14 at the McCormick Place Lakeside Center in Chicago.
Go RVing is now its seventh year in using experiential events as a vehicle to introduce the RV lifestyle to Millennials, outdoor adventurers and other targeted demographic segments.
“The Outside Experience in downtown Chicago will be one of our largest events we’ll be doing this year, but we’ll also be at music festivals, cultural events and a variety of other venues, so we’re hitting all of the different age demographics of the four markets and a lot of the folks that we want to start bringing in,” said Go RVing Vice President of Brand Marketing and Communications Karen Redfern.
“And when the people are visiting the display and touring the units they’ll be introduced to the RV lifestyle,” she continued. “What we’re doing is we’re looking at ways that we can get an RV in front of people just to get them thinking about it before they’re actually in that purchase mode, which is often only a few years down the line.”
The Outside Experience is an attractive venue, she added, because it will attract people who like to hike, camp, bike, paddle and travel. Attendees may not have thought of an RV as part of their lifestyle, Redfern said, but the intention is they will discover it’s the perfect basecamp for their outdoor adventures.
A partnership by the publishers of OUTSIDE magazine and Reed Exhibitions, the Outside Experience will showcase new products and interactive demos from leading active lifestyle brands and travel destinations. Attendees will test gear, enjoy films and live music, and sip craft whiskey and beer — all in a festive, family-friendly, indoor/outdoor environment.
“OUTSIDE is looking forward to bringing our first live consumer event to Chicago, inspiring avid adventurers and families alike to get outside,” said Lawrence Burke, chairman and editor-in-chief, Outside Integrated Media LLC. “Outside Experience presents a unique opportunity for thousands of active, outdoors-centric urban dwellers to interact directly with the brands they love, while experiencing the outdoor adventures they seek.”
With more than 10,000 attendees and 200 global and local exhibitors expected at this weekend-long event, Outside Experience will feature craft distilleries and breweries, live musical performances and 5Point Adventure Film Festival, as well as storytelling from brand ambassadors and athletes in a conversational setting. The many exhibits and activities planned include, but are not limited to:
• Outside Experience Park & Main Stage with outdoor gear, including from YETI, and a Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey Lounge
• Go Zone (sponsored by Go RVing) showcasing the latest adventure vehicles, including teardrop trailers
• Running Zone (sponsored by Salomon) with guided group runs and an indoor trail to test the latest running footwear, plus apparel and accessories for all types of runners
• Water Zone featuring a fly casting tank by Orvis, and gear for SUPing, kayaking, canoeing and kite surfing
• Biking Zone featuring a mountain bike demo course (sponsored by Bosch eBikes) and bikes and gear for on-and off-road cycling
• Climbing Zone offering guided wall-climbing sessions, plus slackline performances, rappelling, and the latest climbing gear
• Trail Zone with supplies for day hikes to multi-day treks, including products from Fjällräven
• Winter Zone showcasing the best ski resorts, outerwear, and skis and snowboards centered around a Tincup Whiskey Lounge
• Travel Zone featuring leading domestic and international destinations, tour operators, luggage and travel gear
• Wellness & Lifestyle Zone with yoga and fitness sessions and the latest products for living with intention
For more information, visit OutsideExperienceShow.com.