Eight Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) member manufacturers’ vehicles will be featured in a three-day production shoot to be held in Elkhart, Ind., Aug. 24-27 to capture new product images to add to the existing consumer information video on GoRVing.com.
Since the original video was produced in 2004, many new products and technological developments have hit the market, including smaller, fuel-efficient, lightweight and eco-friendly RVs that target younger, cost-conscious buyers, according to a news release.
Answering an RVIA request for vehicles, eight RVs were selected in a lottery to represent several product categories. Those participating include:
- Damon Avanti Class A motorhome.
- Winnebago Via Class A motorhome.
- Roadtrek Adventurous Class B motorhome.
- Jayco Precept Class C motorhome.
- Forest River R-Pod ultra lightweight travel trailer.
- Evergreen Ever-Lite lightweight travel trailer.
- Airstream Ocean Breeze lightweight travel trailer.
- Heartland RV Sundance ultra lightweight fifth-wheel.
Consistent with all Go RVing productions, vehicle logos will be concealed to eliminate individual product branding.
The supplemental video shoot will provide footage to be added to the existing consumer information to highlight innovations such as:
- The use of fuel-efficient engines and body designs.
- Composite or recyclable material construction.
- Llightweight models able to be towed by typical family vehicles.
- The use of solar-powered batteries and accessories.
- LED lighting.
- Technology upgrades that complement daily lives such as flatscreen TVs and iPod docking centers.
The affordability of these RV innovations will also be stressed.
The new video segment will launch in 2010 along with new Go RVing television ads now being developed and an updated website.
Ordered by roughly 900,000 people since 2004, the Go RVing video is offered in all ads as a means to capture leads for participating dealers, campgrounds and manufacturers.