The parks on the list, compiled by the travel guide’s editors and consultants, provide facilities and space for large groups of RVers who camp together and conduct meetings, social gatherings and events. Click here to view the entire list.
From manufacturers’ organizations to independent RVing clubs, RV groups share a passion for hitting the road and meeting up at the end of a long journey. The RV parks on this list deliver when it comes to giving these groups all they need for a great stay.
Here are just a few reasons why RVers travel in a caravan:
• A number of RV parks dedicate staff members to serve large groups. Blueberry Hill RV Resort in Bushnell, Fla., for example, avails groups to an on-site event concierge to help coordinate renting a clubhouse or pavilion and reserving space for as many as 20 RVs.
• Facilities also are a key feature for group friendly parks, such as EZ Daze RV Park in Southaven, Miss., which offers a southern veranda for cookouts as well as a meeting room that’s adjacent to a fully equipped kitchen.
• Food is a top-of-mind item for RVing groups. River Plantation RV Resort in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., for example, provides catering for large RVing groups who travel with an appetite.
RVing groups have a significant presence in campgrounds throughout North America. Among the more interesting aspects of RV group camping:
• The Good Sam Club alone boasts almost 1,500 chapters across the United States and Canada.
• Many RVing groups spend countless hours in charitable work, from cleaning up public highways and parks to raising funds for organizations like Dogs for the Deaf.
• Connected by Facebook, Twitter and other social networks, RVing groups are as vibrant as ever.
The Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory contains detailed information on more than 8,000 private RV parks across North America and each facility is personally rated by Good Sam’s consultant teams.
The guide also includes lifestyle features, regional trip guides and essential travel facts. Readers can take a Trip of a Lifetime and learn about camping in and around NASCAR venues. Also included are guides to RV-related state laws and information needed for trouble-free trips into Canada and Mexico.
For more information about the Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory click here.