In response to an increasingly diverse consumer base for its Bighorn luxury fifth-wheel line, Heartland Recreational Vehicles LLC recently completed a major overhaul designed to aggressively attack multiple price points in the market while providing significant value for its consumers.
“We engineered a complete makeover from tip to tail on our Bighorn line,” offered General Manager Andy Wesdorp. “Our goal was to offer something for everyone under the Bighorn label with targeted floorplans and price points that hit the heart of the fifth-wheel market.
“The transformation resulted in a Bighorn brand that has a totally different look, top-down. We also zeroed in on features, layouts and amenities that RVers are demanding to meet their needs on the road. Our entire team is focused on ‘majoring in the majors’ with regard to floorplan development.”
Wesdorp reported that “five new and one reimagined floorplan” will be introduced during next week’s Elkhart RV Open House at the Heartland display in parent Thor Industries Inc.’s expansive exhibit area at the RV/MH Hall of Fame.
“Initial response has been overwhelmingly positive prior to the rollout, and we’re looking to reinforce that at the Open House,” he added.
Key in the makeover was to offer features and amenities that blend aesthetics with functionality, including:
• “Coastal Comfort” two-tone hardwood cabinetry.
• “Triple Top” kitchen counter layouts in seven floorplans.
• “Chill Out” air conditioning system with up to 45,000 Btu via three AC’s.
• 300-watt solar option for off-the-grid camping.
• Modern hardwood steps and side runners.
• “Upgrade package” luxury upgrade including power bed tilt, power cord reels, Yeti cold weather upgrades and much more.
• “Spa Baths” with molded solid surface sinks, and faux marble showers with hardwood teak seat as part of new Upgrade Package.
• Two new full body-paint options.
“We focused on areas that not only modernize the trailer, but also improve overall functionality,” Wesdorp noted. “It was a lengthy process but the end result is that one of the most recognized fifth-wheel brands now addresses the desires of consumers in the marketplace via our core, paint and now Upgrade Package offerings.”