Today (March 17) is the final day to submit workshop proposals for the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association’s (RVDA) Convention/Expo slated for Nov. 6-10 in Las Vegas.
According to a press release, RVDA is requesting proposals from instructors for the concurrent ‘track’ education workshops. The 60-minute sessions run Nov. 8-9 while compliance sessions are are set for Nov. 10. Complete details for submissions are on the convention website.
The selection committee welcomes submissions from ‘in-the-trenches’ training professionals, consultants, dealership professionals, vendors, and others who support the RV industry. Individuals who can provide high impact programs with actionable strategies that will help dealers increase profitability and improve performance are encouraged to respond.
The Convention/Expo Committee, comprised of industry leaders, selects presenters that offer attendees relevant, useful, “how to,” and actionable information in key areas of interest. For 2017, the committee is especially looking for submissions that will address:
• Cash conversions in F&I
• Advanced topics for the service department
• New ideas and concepts for merchandising the store
• Creating customer loyalty
• Customer service: how to raise the bar by using technology to meet the expectations of today’s customers
• Social media, including latest ideas in Internet promotions, advertising, branding, measuring effectiveness, and increasing ROI
• Psychology of customers
• Succession planning with guidance on handing off the reins
• Analysis of market trends with guidance on consolidations and online retailers
• Leadership and management training for department managers: motivating others, goal setting, and leading people
• Targeted leadership and management development for young RV executives
• 2018 compliance update.
To submit a proposal:
• Review the 2017 RVDA Convention/Expo Call for Workshop Proposals website for insight on the committee’s vision for topics, submission guidelines, and selection criteria.
• Identify topics that (a) would benefit RV dealers and their key employees and (b) can be effectively covered in 60 minutes.
• Gather the required information and submit your proposal using the online portal by today, March 17, 2017.