The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) has announced large-scale updates to the National RV Trade Show, focusing on creating more value for all buyer and dealer attendees. According to a release, the 2017 National RV Trade Show will be held Nov. 27-30 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Ky.
Following last year’s trade show, RVIA conducted a series of extensive research programs to determine dealer perspectives on the show. The research showed that nearly 75% of attending dealers rated the show as excellent and would bring additional staff to future events.
While the National RV Trade Show was identified as the best place for buyers to see new products, meet with existing and new manufacturers and suppliers, and learn about the latest industry tech and innovations, the research also highlighted opportunities to expand current offerings. RVIA is focused on building greater value with a 2017 event that will feature all new events so dealers can engage with manufacturers, suppliers, aftermarket companies and campground managers from all over the world.
“The most important thing we can do at this show is to focus on dealer value,” said Liz Crawford, RVIA senior VP of trade shows and events. “Our moto is simple: where the value is clear, the decision is easy. At the end of the day, if we can help dealers sell more RVs through our show offerings, everyone wins. Our team has spent countless hours conducting research and surveys with dealers to ensure that the show’s products as well as educational and networking opportunities create value. The relaunch of the National RV Trade Show represents an evolution based on our buyer attendee’s needs.”
Besides being able to compare nearly 1,000 of the latest RV models and floorplans from all the top manufacturers side-by-side, there are several new networking and educational activities for buyers at the 2017 event. Some of the highlights include:
- The inaugural RV Industry Awards, an event designed to bring recognition to the entire RV industry, presented by RVIA, the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA) and RVBusiness.
- Enhanced education with Tech Academy, onsite power talks, a dealer sales bootcamp and a dealer CEO panel.
- Recognition of future industry leaders at the first-ever “40 Under 40 Awards” during the Outlook Breakfast 2018.
- Top Tech Challenge, an RV technician competition designed to bring excitement, fun and recognition to the top RV techs in the industry.
- Brand new outdoor lifestyle pavilion exhibition showcase featuring outdoor products and accessories for the camping lifestyle that RV dealers can carry in their stores.
- Media preview event to highlight the growing scope of the RV industry and its manufacturers, suppliers and dealers.
- A rock n’ roll Celebration at 4th Street Live featuring a live band and plenty of entertainment after show hours.
While many of the updates to the National RV Trade Show are based on events, RVIA also focused on the dealer experience onsite. RV dealers should expect:
- To see more event and directional signage designed to better help them navigate over 750,000 square feet of Exhibit Hall space.
- To find it easier to locate the manufacturers and suppliers they’re looking for by using the new online floorplan and exhibitor list as well as a redesigned mobile app.
- More seating space and networking happy hours were added to the event to give RV dealers the opportunities they were looking for to meet with key industry players.
The changes to the National RV Trade Show are all designed to deliver a top-notch event experience for buyers. The 2017 show will be the single, most credible source for product innovation, dealer sales and marketing training, technician training and service training.
For more information click here.