The Michigan Association of Recreation Vehicles and Campgrounds (MARVAC) will be hosting a campground/RV conference on April 12 at the Don H. Bottum University Center on the campus of Northern Michigan University in Marquette.
According to a release, the topics to be covered include:
- DEQ Campground Rules and Regulations by Karen Beauchamp of the DEQ (state Department of Environmental Quality).
- How campgrounds and RV dealerships can showcase their business on Michigan’s travel website Michigan.org by Kelly Wolgamott of the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC).
- Michigan legislative update: What is the current legislative climate for the industry and what to expect going down the road by John Lindley of Public Affairs Associates (PAA).
- Industry update: Learn about the forecast for campgrounds and RV dealerships from Bill Sheffer, MARVAC executive director.
- Q & A: Attendees can ask MARVAC board members and staff questions regarding the industry.
“We are very excited to be coming to Marquette to meet with campground owner/operators and RV dealers to discuss our industry,” said Darren Ing, MARVAC director. “This is a great opportunity to share current trends, discuss pending legislation and get updated on the guidelines that govern our industry”
The conference will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Marquette/Nicolet rooms at the Don H. Bottum University Center at Northern Michigan University. Cost to attend is $30 and lunch will be provided. For registration information or questions, contact Scott Walsh at 517-349-3300 ext. 18 or e-mail [email protected]