Darryl Searer, chairman and president of the RV/MH Hall of Fame, reported that the “Kevin Clayton Debt Elimination Challenge” fundraising campaign has received strong support from the manufactured housing sector.
“Our goal is to raise $1 million in this campaign over the next three to five years,” said Searer in a press release. “These new pledges, plus Kevin Clayton’s initial pledge of $200,000, means that we are more than 35% there in only a few weeks since the campaign was announced.”
Pledges to date and donations include:
• Kevin Clayton, Clayton Homes pledged $40,000 per year for five years. Total of $200,000.
• Gary McDaniel, YES! Communities, pledged $25,000 per year for the next three years. Total of $75,000.
• Joe Stegmayer, Cavco Industries Inc., pledged $10,000 per year for five years. Total of $50,000.
• Barry Cole, MH Insurance Services pledged $2,000 per year for the next five years. Total of $10,000.
• Debra Pizer, Zeman MHI, pledged $2,000 per year for five years. Total of $10,000.
• Senco Brands Inc. donated $2,500.
• Fairmont Homes donated $2,000.
• Multiple individual donations. Total of $3,500.
“If other MH leaders follow the example of these companies I’m confident that we’ll meet our goal,” Searer said.
Judy Jankowski, the Hall’s vice president of development, is contacting other leaders in the manufactured housing (MH) industry asking for their support of the campaign.
Searer said, “It’s encouraging to see so many individuals making pledges and donations toward the campaign. While we will need major companies to step up with substantial commitments to meet our goal, individual donations of $250 to $1,000 demonstrate that individual members of the manufactured housing community feel a personal ownership in the Hall of Fame.”
For those companies and individuals who would like to participate by making a pledge or donation visit https://www.rvmhhalloffame.
Donations can also be sent to:
Kevin Clayton Debt Elimination Challenge
RV/MH Hall of Fame
21565 Executive Parkway
Elkhart, IN, 46514