Michelin is recalling around 104,000 BF Goodrich tires used for light trucks and recreational vehicles because the sidewalls can rupture under severe use conditions.
As reported by the Associated Press, the tire maker says no injuries or deaths have been tied to the problem.
Michelin North America Inc. says the recall involves several types of commercial and rugged terrain tires made in 2014 and 2015 and sold in the United States.
The tires are used on commercial trucks; full-size, heavy-duty vans; small RVs; and some one-ton pickup trucks.
The tire maker will send letters starting next week to affected customers, explaining the issue and telling them how the tires can be replaced at no charge.
Other recent recalls include:
• Starcraft RV is recalling 705 model year 2015-2016 Launch Ultra Lite vehicles manufactured June 17, 2014, to July 23, 2015. The furnaces equipped on the trailers may not have been secured properly and could separate from the exhaust. Starcraft will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the furnace, and if necessary secure the furnace to the floor platform, free of charge. The recall began on August 25, 2015. Owners may contact Starcraft customer service at 1-800-945-4787. Starcraft’s number for this recall is 9902246.
• Grand Design RV Co. is recalling 1,721 model year 2014-2016 Reflection fifth-wheel trailers manufactured September 5, 2013, to June 30, 2015. The vehicles may have been manufactured with axles rated to 5,200 pounds instead of 6,000 pounds as designed and as listed on the Certification Label. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of 49 CFR Part 567, “Certification.” Grand Design will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the trailers and will replace any of the axles free of charge. The recall is expected to begin September 7, 2015. Owners may contact Grand Design customer service at 1-574-825-8000 ext. 2015. Grand Design’s number for this recall is 910004.
• Winnebago Industries Inc. is recalling 1,732 model year 2012-2016 Winnebago Era recreational vehicles manufactured November 11, 2010, to July 20, 2015. The certification label affixed to the vehicles provides an incorrect front tire inflation pressure. Thus, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of 49 CFR Part 567, “Certification.” Winnebago will notify owners, and dealers will provide new certification labels with the correct tire inflation pressure specifications, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule.
• Newmar Corp. is recalling 82 model year 2015-2016 Essex and King Aire vehicles manufactured March 7, 2014, to June 15, 2015, and 2016 Mountain Aire vehicles manufactured March 9, 2015, to June 5, 2015. The control module for the air suspension may experience a loss of power resulting in the air suspension not being able to achieve ride height. If the ride height of the suspension is less than specified ride height the vehicle may be difficult to control, increasing the risk of a crash. The remedy for this recall is still under development. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Newmar customer service at 1-800-731-8300.
• Heartland RV is recalling certain model year 2010-2016 Heartland Big Country trailers manufactured January 1, 2010, to July 23, 2015. The tire certification labels applied to the vehicles may contain inaccurate tire sizing and/or inflation information. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of 49 CFR Part 567, “Certification.” Heartland will notify owners, and dealers will send a replacement label with the correct information, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Heartland customer service at 1-574-266-3988.
• Forest River Inc. is recalling 91 model year 2015-2016 Cedar Creek Silver Back recreational vehicles manufactured October 23, 2014, to July 2, 2015. The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) is less than the vehicle’s GVWR represented on its certification label. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of 49 CFR Part 567, “Certification.” Forest River will notify owners, and dealers will install a new set of corrected certification labels, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin September 25, 2015. Owners may contact Forest River customer service at 1-260-593-2417. Forest River’s number for this recall is 20-07282015-0066.