Campground owners and managers can get a head start on the 2015 camping season when they attend the 24th Annual Mid-Atlantic Coastal States Conference and Trade Show, March 16-18 in Cherry Hill, N.J., according to an announcement from the New Jersey Campground Owners Association (NJCOA).
The three-day conference will feature speakers, seminars, and exhibitors and is organized by Joann DelVescio, NJCOA executive director. The event is put on by the New Jersey, Maryland and Delaware campground associations.
“Each year the annual conference acts as a kickoff to the camping season. Campground owners gather and share ideas, network, and prepare for the upcoming season,” DelVescio said.
The conference will focus on the theme of “Plan, Prepare, Promote and Profit,” with a variety of industry speakers at the seven seminars. Those seminars will help campground owners plan for the year, prepare of the worst, promote their business and profit.
The trade show, featuring companies and products for campground and RV park owners, will be held March 17. The show allows owners to purchase products and services and free up time in the spring.
The conference isn’t all business, DelVescio said. Tuesday evening will feature the annual banquet and auction with live entertainment, The Stampede Band. “This is a fun evening where everyone, including the exhibitors, are invited to socialize, share stories, reconnect with old friends and make new,” she continued.
DelVescio said organizers hope to see many new campgrounds and a few from Pennsylvania and Virginia at this year’s conference with the easily accessible and convenient location in Cherry Hill. Anyone interested in attending or for more information, contact DelVescio at 609-545 0145 or at [email protected] or click here.
- WHAT TO DO WITH ABANDONED TRAILERS LEFT ON YOUR PROPERTY – Representative from the New Jersey Department of Motor Vehicles.
- PREPARING AN EMERGENCY RESPONSE PROGRAM aka A PANIC FILE – Warren Oliver, Scirocco Insurance Group.
- IS YOUR BUSINESS PLAN UP-TO-DATE and WORKING WITH YOUR LOCAL BANK FOR FINANCING – Mia Caetano Johnson, and a representative from TD Bank.
- EASY STEPS TO MORE CAMPGROUND STAYS THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA – Debbie Gioquindo, Social Vine.
- RMS RESERVATION SYSTEM – If you are using this reservation system, come hear how to utilize it to its fullest potential. If you are looking for a new reservation system, sit in and hear what this system has to offer – Jerome Staverosky, RMS North America .
- HOW TO PREPARE AND FILE A TAX APPEAL – Stacy Cohen.
- CYBER CRIMES – ARE YOU AWARE? – FBI Special Agent Darin Murphy.
- ARE YOUR CONTRACTS UP TO DATE?- Lori Greenberg.
- ARVC UPDATE – Jeff Sims, director of state relations and program advocacy, National Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds (ARVC).
- CRACKER BARREL – Led by Judy LaPorta, owner of Little Oaks Campground.