The Mobile RV Academy has released its 2017 schedule for its five-day RV technician apprenticeship training program.
According to a press release, for the last five years Mobile RV Academy has traveled across the U.S. training RV technicians, RV inspectors and campground RV maintenance technicians. This year’s sessions include:
Day 1: RV electrical systems
• Understanding the three RV electrical systems.
• Direct current circuits and their applications.
Day 2: RV electrical systems continued
• Alternating Current circuits and their applications.
• Learning to use the volt ohm meter with troubleshooting tips and short cuts with hands-on labs.
Day 3: Propane and water system
Propane System & Leak Testing with hands-on labs.
The two RV water systems.
Day 4: RV appliances
• Refrigerators – How they work and how to troubleshoot the most common issues.
• Air Conditioners – How they work and the things to do to improve operations.
• Hands-on labs on both appliances
Day 5: RV Appliances continued
• Water heaters – the two major brands and how they heat and maintain water temperature.
• Furnaces – the three major brands, how they function and troubleshooting the most common issues.
• Hands-on labs on appliances.
• RV exterior systems – Slideouts and leveling systems, roofs & sidewalls, and the most common problems.
The cost for each student to attend the five-day training and receive a certificate of complete, training manuals of the course material, NRVIA test procedure clipboard and the bonus tools is $1,644.00. lodging and meals are NOT included in this price
To maximize the hands-on learning experience, students should bring an RV that they can utilize as their lodging and also their labs.
Upcoming Training dates currently scheduled in are in Texas:
• North Texas – Canton, Texas at Mill Creek RV Resort, Feb. 13-17 with a prep class on Feb. 18.
• South Texas – New Braunfels, Texas at Hill Country RV Park, March 20-24 with a prep class on March 25.
For additional information contact: Terry Cooper – The Texas RV Professor at 254 715- 7388 (cell) or by e-mail [email protected]