Spartan Specialty Vehicles Inc., a business unit of Spartan Motors Inc., announced that NeXus RV will be equipping its Bentley Diamond 40-foot Class A motorhome with Spartan’s K1 360 chassis for the 2019 model year.
Following its introduction at the Elkhart RV Open House, the Bentley Diamond diesel pusher will be shown to the public for the first time during this week’s Florida RV SuperShow, which opened today (Jan. 16) and runs through Sunday at the Florida State Fairgrounds.
According to a press release, the Spartan K1 360 platform offers the same high-end luxury experience Class A RV consumers expect in a smaller, more affordable package. Additionally, the Bentley Diamond features Spartan Safe Haul, a chassis-integrated air supply for tow vehicle braking systems.
“Our market research and industry insight informed the strategy for this smaller Class A footprint, and the immediate adoption we’re seeing is a testament to our ability to listen, engineer and manufacture solutions that meet market demands,” said Steve Guillaume, president of Spartan Specialty Vehicles. “Our position as first-to-market innovators allows us a front row seat with RV manufacturers looking to introduce premium Class A diesel motorhomes, and we’re thrilled to add NeXus RV to the growing network of OEMs choosing Spartan as the foundation for their designs.”
The K1 360 chassis features an independent front suspension, non-torque reactive rear suspension, custom-tuned Bilstein shocks, and a Cummins 360 HP engine. Additionally, the K1 360 offers a campground-friendly cooling system and a side-mounted service center for users to readily handle any obstacle they may face on their journey.
Additional features of the Spartan K1 360 chassis include:
- 360 horsepower Cummins B-series engine.
- Bilstein 46mm shocks which provide consistent ride tuning.
- Easier serviceability with Spartan’s exclusive side-mounted service center.
- 10,000-pound towing capacity.
- Raised rail design for frame strength and basement storage.
- Rear-mounted radiator and charge air cooler, parallel air flow system with low-profile radiator with clutch to minimize noise and dust kick-up.
- Safe Haul chassis-integrated air supply for tow vehicle braking systems.