The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has issued recall notices for the following products related to the recreational vehicle industry:
- 176 (2009) Forest River Cardinal fifth-wheels that fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 120, “Tire Selection and Rims for Motor Vehicles Other Than Passenger Cars.” Due to faulty scales in the production facility, the label for the cargo carrying capacity values is incorrect.
- 58 (2010) Heartland Recreational Vehcless LLC Eagle Ridge fifth-wheels. The LP line for the kitchen slideout was improperly routed which allows the line to rub against the tire, damaging the LP hose and wiring.
- 2,052 (2002-2009) Airstream Inc. Bambi, International, Safari, 75th Anniversary, DWR and Ocean Breeze travel trailers for failing to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 108, “Lamps, Reflective Devices and Associated Equipment.” The travel trailers were built without rear reflex reflectors.
- Seven (2009) Fleetwood Tradition Class A motorhomes for failing to comply with the requirements of Part 567, “Certification.” The federal certification tag figures related to the towed weight and tongue weight are incorrect.
- 311 (2009) Fleetwood Providence, Excursion, Expedition, Discovery and Bounder diesel motorhomes. The battery cable may become dislodged and come in contact with the drive shaft causing entanglement or abrasion to the battery cable.
- 484 (2008-2010) Spartan ADV, BEY, FUR, GLC, GLD, K2, K3, MG, MM, MTR and NVS fire truck, ambulance and motorhome chassis manufactured between July 1 and Dec. 16, 2008, equipped with certain Haldex quick release valves (QRV). The rubber diaphragm inside the QRV may experience delamination resulting in significant levels of air pressure leakage past and/or through the diaphragm, or the development of a bubble in the diaphragm which may trap air pressure in the valve and not allow the service brakes to release.
- An unspecified number and model year of Winnebago motorhomes equipped with axles that include Bosh ZOPS or ZOHT pin slide hydraulic disc brakes. The claiphers may stick in the applied position and can result in abnormal heat generation at the wheel end causing brake drag.