Editor’s Note: The following is a list of recent RV-related recalls compiled by the U.S National Highway Transportation Safety Association (NHTSA).
• Winnebago Industries Inc. is recalling 1,058 2016-2017 Travato recreational vehicles. The liquid propane (LP) hose may contact the emergency brake cable, potentially damaging it and causing it to leak propane. For additional information click here.
• Tiffin Motorhomes Inc. is recalling 284 2017 Allegro Open Road motorhomes. A sticker on the tow hitch may list the incorrect weight capacity for the hitch. The sticker states a capacity of 10,000 pounds, and a maximum tongue weight of 1,000 pounds, when the correct towing capacity is 5,000 pounds, with a maximum tongue weight of 500 pounds. For additional information click here.
• Forest River Inc. is recalling 98 2017 Stealth recreational vehicles, model CSFTFQ2817G-67 and Sandstorm recreational vehicles, model CSCT282GSLR-67. The liquid propane (LP) line under the vehicle may be damaged from contact with the axle, causing it to leak. For additional information click here.
• Keystone RV Co. is recalling 64 2017 Dutchmen Coleman recreational trailers, model 2515RL. On these vehicles, the Federal Identification Tag indicates incorrect tire and rim size information. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of 49 CFR Part 567, “Certification.” For additional information click here.
• Forest River is recalling 17 2017 Wildwood recreational trailers, model WDT197BH and Salem recreational trailers, model SMT197BH. The lower sidewall vent for the refrigerator was improperly installed, allowing propane gas to enter the vehicle. For additional information click here.