While the Rapido Group continues to search for a president to lead its recently acquired Roadtrek Inc., several members of its senior management team have been assembled.
On July 3, Rapido Group, a third-generation, family-owned and operated corporation with 11 European RV brands including Westfalia, completed its acquisition of Cambridge, Ontario-based Roadtrek and has since gone about reviving the brand. Officials have indicated their short-term plans are to reopen one manufacturing facility, hire back some 200 workers, begin production sometime after the Elkhart RV Open House this September and deliver product by the first of the year.
The Roadtrek senior management team — some of whom will be on hand at the Elkhart RV Open House — includes:
- Len McDougall, head of sales and service: McDougall brings a 30-year RV career in sales and marketing, having worked for leading manufacturers both in Canada and the United States. He was a founding member of the Leisure Lifestyle Marketing Group, which eventually evolved into GoRVing Canada, and recently served on the board of the Canadian Recreational Vehicle Association (CRVA).
- Karyn Torcoletti, head of marketing and communications: Torcoletti joined the RV industry six years ago and has gained a strong knowledge and love of the Roadtrek brand, having shaped its foothold in the industry during that time. She is a recent recipient of the RV Industry Association’s “40 Under 40” award for leadership in the industry and brings more than 18 years of marketing experience, specializing in leadership, digital marketing management, market planning, product design, product planning, strategic planning, and marketing strategy.
- Jeff Stride, head of operations: Stride has more than 26 years of automotive manufacturing experience, eight of which has been in the RV industry. Throughout his career he was responsible for managing production, engineering, R&D, and product concept and specialized in change management, project management, product and process development and lean manufacturing.
- Jeff Dukes, head of research and development: Dukes is a long-time avid camper and joined the RV industry two years ago. He brings more than 16 years of product development and manufacturing experience in both consumer products and automotive segments to Roadtrek. Dukes has been integral in the development of multiple products for both North America and International markets.
- Mark Harron, head of finance and accounting: Harron joins Roadtrek with more than 20 years of senior management financial experience in manufacturing both in Canada and the United States. He brings knowledge in managing cash flow, CAPEX planning, intercompany financial management, budgeting and forecasting, corporate taxes, human resources and relationship building
- Emmanuel Alliet, head of controlling, HR and payroll: Alliet joins Roadtek with 20 years of experience in internal controls and auditing within the healthcare, service and insurance industry. He specializes in HR systems, payroll review and implementation, business process improvements, internal auditing and system controls. Alliet said he is looking forward to working in this “new and exciting industry and being part of the new Roadtrek moving forward.”