ATHENS, Texas – The National RV Training Academy (NRVTA) today announced registration opened for the 2023 Expo, which provides continuing education courses for RV inspectors and technicians.
Previously, registration was limited only to members of the National RV Inspectors Association (NRVIA) and the RV Technician Association of America (RVTAA). While members of the associations can still attend at no cost, non-members can register for the virtual event at a cost of $199.
Scheduled for Oct. 3 to 6, this year’s expo currently features 18 webinars exploring a variety of topics of interest to people who repair and inspect recreation vehicles. Attending all sessions will allow participants to earn 27 continuing education units (CEU), said Gilda Mitchell, director of membership for NRVIA and RVTAA.
A total of 24 CEUs are required annually for inspectors and technicians to maintain their professional credentials with the associations, she noted. The current list of topics and presenters include:
- 48-Volt Rooftop AC Units by Mike Dickey, HVAC training and rally coordinator for Coleman-Mach and Maxxair
- Air Systems and Brakes by Mike O’Neil, Spartan RV Chassis technical trainer
- AP Products/Bauer Locks by Jeff Hostetler, with Tom Manning & Associates
- Customer Onboarding by Suzie Wallace with HomeGauge
- Customer Service with Dealerships by Brad Siedschlag, owner of Aladdin Certified RV Inspections
- Fluid Analysis by Art Horton, with Quality RV Inspections
- How to Attract New Customers and Close the Deal by Rich Scott, brand manager for Henderson’s Line Up/Super Steer
- How to Market Your Business by Tony Flammia, marketing director for the National RV Training Academy, and Alessia Silvestri, with Foretell Consulting
- Ins and Outs of HomeGauge by Scott Beckman, with Beckman RV Services
- Introduction to Motorhome Chassis Inspections by Tommy Henderson, head of research and development for Henderson’s Line Up/Super Steer
- Miller Farrell Insurance Update by Scott Miller
- MORryde by Jeff Hostetler, with Tom Manning & Associates
- Propane by Todd Henson, director of education for NRVTA
- Refrigerator Troubleshooting by Wayne Bennett, Dometic technician
- Safe-T-Alert by Jeff Hostetler, with Tom Manning & Associates
- Skill Above RV Testers by Chandler Cooper
- Suburban Water Heaters by Kris Spengler, Suburban service manager
- Truma training by Chantal Hershberger, customer service specialist
To earn credits, Expo participants either need to attend livestreamed training sessions during the event or watch recorded videos following the Expo’s conclusion. Participants must also pass a brief quiz at the end of each session to earn credit.
“The Expo remains the best opportunity for inspectors and technicians to earn enough CEUs to maintain their certifications during one week of training,” said Gilda Mitchell, “The presenters will lead a well-rounded selection of courses to help technicians and inspectors enhance their skills.”
The 2023 Expo is sponsored by these organizations:
Tom Manning & Associates, a company representing 20 supplier firms which produce or sell components commonly found in RVs.
Miller Farrell Insurance Agency, which provides professional liability coverage for technicians and inspectors.
HomeGauge, which developed inspection-specific software to aid inspectors in completing final reports.
Henderson’s Line-Up, a family-owned company specializing in RV suspensions, steering, braking, and towing.
The complete webinar schedule can be viewed at www.nrvtaexpo.com.
NRVIA inspectors and RVTAA technicians will need to register for the free training by logging into their accounts at www.rvservicegroup.com. Non-members can register by completing the “get in touch” form at the bottom of the Expo’s home page.