Editor’s Note: The following is a list of recent RV-related recalls compiled by the U.S National Highway Transportation Safety Association (NHTSA).
• Highland Ridge RV is recalling 148 2016-2017 Open Range fifth-wheel vehicles. The axle hangers on the affected vehicles may puncture the riser tube wall, allowing the axle to shift and become misaligned. For additional information click here.
• Jayco is recalling 93 2017 Seismic and Seismic Wave fifth-wheel recreational trailers equipped with hydraulic brakes. In the affected vehicles, the break away switch may not be properly wired. For additional information click here.
• Forest River Inc. is recalling 67 2017-2018 Berkshire and Charleston recreational vehicles built on Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation (FCCC) RV chassis. In these vehicles, the power steering hose may be improperly routed causing inadequate clearance between the hose and power stud. As a result, the hose can rub the power stud causing arcing and a power steering fluid leak. For additional information click here.
• Jayco Inc. is recalling 25 2017 Eagle fifth-wheel recreational vehicles equipped with the dry camping option. In the affected vehicles, the LP manifold was mounted to the fifth-wheel frame directly above the axle assembly and the suspension U-bolts. Impact from the axle can crack the LP manifold resulting in a propane gas leak. For additional information click here.
• Forest River is recalling six 2017 XLR fifth-wheel recreational vehicles. These vehicles have a Federal Placard that identifies the vehicle as a “Travel Trailer” when the placard should state “Fifth-Wheel.” Also, the VIN does not correspond to the type of vehicle. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of 49 CFR Part 567, “Certification.” For additional information click here.