Editor’s Note: The following is the latest RV recall list compiled by the National Highway Safety Association (NHTSA).
• Keystone RV Company (Keystone) is recalling 5,107 2018-2019 Keystone Cougar recreational trailers equipped with an outdoor propane grill. The outdoor propane grill is installed in a wooden assembly that may not have enough clearance from the heated area. For additional information click here.
• Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 691 2019 Thor Four Winds, Chateau, Freedom Elite, Majestic, Outlaw, Quantum and Vegas motorhomes built on modified Ford E-450 chassis. The U-bolts on the rear axle that hold the leaf spring and rear axle together may have been insufficiently tightened. For additional information click here.
• Forest River Inc. is recalling 152 2019 Forest River Salem and Wildwood recreational trailers. These vehicles are equipped with an axle equalizer that can allow the axle to contact the chassis. For additional information click here.
• Spartan Motors USA (Spartan) is recalling 102 2016-2019 Spartan Specialty Vehicles K2 and K3 motorhome chassis. The tag axle tire may become damaged due to contact with the Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) fill mounting bracket. For additional information click here.
• Newmar Corp. is recalling 77 2018-2019 Newmar Mountain Aire, London Aire, Essex, and King Aire motorhomes. These vehicles are equipped with windshield wipers that may have an incorrect bend, possibly preventing the wiper arms from properly contacting the windshield. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 104, “Windshield Wiping and Washing Systems.” For additional information click here.
• Northwood Manufacturing Inc. is recalling nine 2019 Northwood Nash 24M and Nash 29S travel trailers. The tires may rub against the shocks and cause damage to the tires. For additional information click here.