Editor’s Note: The following is a list of recent RV-related recalls compiled by the U.S National Highway Transportation Safety Association (NHTSA).
• Keystone RV Co. is recalling 51,585 2011-2017 Bullet and Passport recreational trailers. The affected vehicles are equipped with an air conditioner LCD thermostat that may not be properly wired. For additional information click here.
• Pleasant Valley Teardrop Trailers LLC is recalling 954 2016-2017 [email protected] travel trailers manufactured Oct. 1, 2015, through Aug. 31, 2016 and equipped with a 3-way refrigerator. The affected vehicles have a rubber gas hose in the refrigerator compartment that can rub against the refrigerator fins, causing the hose to wear and possibly leak propane. For additional information click here.
• Tiffin Motorhomes (Tiffin) is recalling 28 2017 Allegro Open Roads vehicles manufactured June 7 to Aug. 15, 2016. The affected vehicles have a driver-side wiper arm that may sweep off of the edge of the windshield, when trying to return, the wiper arm may break. For additional information click here.
• Triple E Recreational Vehicles is recalling 24 2016 Unity motorhomes, model U24X, manufactured Oct. 15, 2015, to June 16, 2016. The affected vehicles have a shower head that can be lowered into the shower pan or sink basin. For additional information click here.
• Forest River is recalling 39 2017 Surveyor recreational trailers, model SVT226RLDS, manufactured Oct. 9, 2015, to March 16, 2016. These vehicles may be equipped with tires and rims that do not match the information listed on the Federal Placard. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 110, “Tire Selection and Rims.” For additional information click here.
• Tiffin Motorhomes Inc. is recalling 36 2017 Allegro Bus motorhomes manufactured April 12 to June 21, 2016. Due to insufficient holding power of the mirror arm swivel mechanism, the passenger side mirror could move while the vehicle is in motion. For additional information click here.
• Forest River Inc. is recalling 109 2017 Coachmen Viking recreational trailers manufactured May 31 to Aug. 23, 2016. The affected vehicles may be missing wire clip that retains the gas lift roof struts to the mounting bracket. For additional information click here.