Roadmaster announced the launch of the Nighthawk tow bar, a nonbinding, aluminum alloy tow product incorporating a distinctive design with embedded LED lights.
According to a press release, the Nighthawk includes internally-routed safety cables and power cord, an attractive black matte finish and solid stainless steel inner arms. Nighthawk is Roadmaster’s first tow bar designed for EZ5, MX and MS tow bar mounting brackets, which incorporate the strength of the crossbar into the mounting bracket.
Aesthetically, the Nighthawk emulates the clean, sleek look of the Sterling All-Terrain tow bar, sharing many performance and convenience features, including a military-grade aluminum alloy shell. Nighthawk is motorhome mounted and has an 8,000-pound capacity while weighing just 35 pounds.
The Nighthawk’s features include:
• A bright row of LEDs along each tow bar arm that illuminate with the motorhome’s lights. The 300-lumen LEDs add safety and convenience to nighttime towing.
• The Nighthawk has the longest tow bar arms the company has ever produced, affording maximum stability while towing. With more space between the towed vehicle and motorhome, tight turns become routine. And with the largest hook-up radius available there’s no wasted time lining up a towed vehicle to connect it.
• Nighthawk is quick and easy to hook up as there is no crossbar. The tow bar is designed from the ground up to connect directly to EZ-5 style baseplates.
• Nonbinding Freedom Latch that disconnects easily.
• A patented cam design inside the Freedom Latch transforms linear motion into rotary motion at a 400-to-one ratio — five pounds of force against the latch equals 2,000 pounds of force against the lock.
• Black matte powder coat finish that is textured for easy grip and exceeds all 500-hour salt spray, high-impact and extreme weather standards.
• Solid stainless steel inner arms for smooth, trouble-free operation and easy maintenance.
• Built-in channel guides.
• Includes the safety cables and power cord. Both are coiled at one end to extend their reach and keep them off the pavement.
• Self-lubricating nylatron bushings to eliminate metal-on-metal friction for a smoother ride.
• Patented one-step storage latch that folds the tow bar and it automatically locks in place
Part number 676; MSRP: $1,250
For more information visit roadmasterinc.com.