The deadline to apply for the Mike Molino RV Learning Center College Scholarship has been extended to July 8. According to a press release, applications are available online.
College undergraduates, including rising sophomores, juniors and seniors that currently work in the RV industry or are a dependent of an RV industry employee that are majoring in human resources, marketing, business, accounting, or other RV Industry related fields are encouraged to apply. The extended deadline to apply, with all required items submitted, is July 8, 2019.
A $2,500 award will be applied to the cost of tuition for the 2019-2020 school year. This will be the 29th scholarship provided under the program.
Dealers are encouraged to extend this opportunity to their dealership team because of their employment in the RV industry. Therefore, a primary factor for awarding the scholarship is the family’s or applicant’s background of RV industry employment or the applicant’s desire to work in the RV business after completing post-secondary education.
Posters publicizing the scholarship are available as a free download from the RV Learning Center.
Requirements for the scholarship include:
• Have a 2.8 or better cumulative grade point average, and a 1050 minimum SAT score (1575 minimum on the 2400-point scale). A minimum ACT composite score of 22 is also acceptable.
• Be rising sophomores, juniors, or seniors in an accredited four-year college or university. Qualified applicants have completed their freshman year of college.
• Complete a 500-word essay on their goals and objectives for college and career.
• Submit a copy of their Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) form which is completed online at http://fafsa.ed.gov.
• Demonstrate the ability and willingness to fund a portion of their educational expenses on their own.
• Submit a fully completed application with supporting documentation.
All materials noted above must be received by the Learning Center no later than July 8. Dealer principals, their family, and dependents, are not eligible for the award.