The Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association’s (RVDA) Convention/Expo Committee is soliciting workshop proposals for the 2018 RV Dealers Convention/Expo, Nov. 5-9 in Las Vegas.
As the premier education event for RV dealers, over 1,300 individuals from across North America attend the workshops presented during the five-day event, according to a press release. In addition, 260-plus U.S. and Canadian dealerships will be represented by dealer principals, general managers, and dealership personnel from every department at an RV dealership. The committee-selected workshops are Nov. 7 -8 and the compliance sessions run Nov. 9.
The committee reviews and selects sessions for the event’s non-promotional workshops offered in these tracks:
- Fixed Operations (parts and service)
- Social Media/eMarketing
The selection committee welcomes submissions from ‘in-the-trenches’ training professionals, consultants, dealership professionals, vendors, and others who support the RV industry. Individuals who can provide high-impact programs with actionable strategies that will help dealers increase profitability and improve performance are encouraged to respond.
The convention/expo is a focused, well-targeted event aimed at the most influential dealers in the RV industry. RVDA dealership members account for more than 84% of the RV sales in the U.S. market and 90% in the Canadian market. More than 300 U.S. and Canadian dealerships will be represented by dealer principals, general managers, and other management personnel.
To submit a proposal:
• Review the 2018 RVDA Convention/Expo Call for Workshop Proposals website for insight on the committee’s vision for topics, submission guidelines and selection criteria.
• Identify topics that (a) would benefit RV dealers and their key employees and (b) can be effectively covered in the time allotted. The 2017 Convention/Expo program guide offers insight into the types of sessions presented at the event.
• Gather the required information and submit your proposal using the online portal by March 5, 2018.
The Convention/Expo Committee, comprised of industry leaders, selects presenters that offer attendees relevant, useful, “how to,” and actionable information in key areas of interest. For 2018, the committee is especially looking for submissions that will address:
- Understanding, managing and engaging different personality profiles/types.
- Exit strategies for dealers.
- Social media and eMarketing – including new techniques and reaching millennials.
- Selling – modern selling – beyond word tracks and scripts.
- Setting up and managing mentoring and coaching programs.
- Experiential/Immersive retailing.
- Diversifying revenue streams.
- Finding talent: (1) recruiting and hiring from other industries, and (2) hiring and training veterans WITH ‘how to’ for finding and using state and federal resources and funding.
- Marketing channels: specific ideas with real-world examples.
- Analysis of market trends with guidance on consolidations and online retailers.
- Leadership and management training for department managers: motivating others, goal setting, and leading people.
- Targeted content for Young RV Dealership Executives: leadership and management development
- 2019 compliance outlook.