The Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association’s (RVDA) Convention/Expo Committee is soliciting proposals for education workshops for the 2015 RV Dealers International Convention/Expo, Nov. 2-6 in Las Vegas.
Themed “Passport to Excellence: Education & Training,” the convention program is being designed to reflect the importance of training and education for all dealership staff positions. Complete details for submissions are on the convention website. Submissions are due by March 16.
This premier education event for dealership staff offers more than 40 opportunities for presentations between Wednesday and Friday before more than 1,000 RV industry professionals from across North America. RVDA members are the retail powerhouses of the RV industry, accounting for 84% of the RV sales in the U.S. market and 90% in the Canadian market. More than 200 U.S. and Canadian dealerships will be represented by dealer principals, general managers, and other lead management personnel.
The convention is sponsored by RVDA, RVDA of Canada, and the Mike Molino RV Learning Center.
The Convention Committee, comprised of industry leaders, selects presenters that offer attendees relevant, useful, “how to,” and actionable information in key areas of interest. The committee is especially looking for submissions that will address:
- Inventory management.
- Finding the profit in cash transactions.
- Advanced topics for the service department.
- Customer service and creating customer loyalty.
- Social media, including latest ideas in Internet promotions, advertising, and branding.
- Key metrics for managers in all departments, including scoreboards and key result areas (KRA’s).
- Succession planning with guidance on “handing off the reins.”
- Analysis of market trends with guidance on consolidations and online retailers.
- Leadership and management: motivating others, goal setting and leading people.
- Targeted leadership and management development for young RV executives.
- Compliance updates: FTC, CFPB, and other compliance-related topics for F&I managers and a dealership’s executive team.
The 2015 convention will offer two exhibit halls featuring the RV industry’s top companies with products and services to help dealers improve profitability.
Exhibitors will have an opportunity to secure a time to present Vendor Training +Plus Workshops Monday and Tuesday. These are proprietary or promotional presentations for product demos and discussion. For more information on Vendor Training +Plus, partnership, sponsorship, and exhibiting, contact Julie Newhouse at (703) 591-7130 ext. 103 or send an e-mail to [email protected]. The 2015 prospectus for exhibitors is available online.