RVDA’s Convention/Expo Committee is soliciting workshop proposals for the 2019 RV Dealers Convention/Expo, Nov. 11-15 at Caesars Palace on the Las Vegas strip.
According to a press release, over 1,500 individuals from across North America attend the workshops presented during the five-day event and almost 300 U.S. and Canadian dealerships will be represented by dealer principals, general managers, and dealership personnel from every department at an RV dealership. The committee-selected workshops are Nov. 13-14 while compliance sessions are Nov. 15.
The committee reviews and selects sessions for the event’s non-promotional workshops offered in these tracks:
- Social Media/eMarketing
- Fixed Operations (parts and service)
To submit a proposal:
1. Review the 2019 RVDA Convention/Expo Call for Workshop Proposals website for insight on the committee’s vision for topics, submission requirements.
2. Identify topics that (a) would benefit RV dealers and their key employees and (b) can be effectively covered in the time allotted. The 2018 Convention/Expo program guide offers insight into the types of sessions presented at the event.
3. Gather the required information and submit your proposal using the online portal by March 20.
The Convention/Expo Committee, comprised of industry leaders, selects presenters that offer attendees relevant, useful, “how to,” and actionable information in key areas of interest. For 2019, the committee is especially looking for submissions that will address:
• Selling: beyond word tracks and scripts.
• Finding talent: (1) recruiting and hiring from other industries, and (2) hiring and training veterans with ‘how to’ for finding and using state and federal resources and funding.
• Marketing channels: specific ideas with real-world examples.
• Customer service – beyond the basics.
• Inventory management.
• Leadership and management training for department managers: motivating others, goal setting, and leading people.
• Targeted content for Young RV Dealership Executives: leadership and management development.
• 2020 compliance outlook.