During the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) Annual Membership Meeting, held March 8 at Ranchos Las Palmas in Palm Springs, Calif., RVIA honored industry leaders who exhibited outstanding contributions to the association and the RV industry this past year.
“RVIA’s Awards program recognizes individuals in a variety of areas who work selflessly and diligently for the betterment of the RV industry,” said RVIA Chairman Gregg Fore in a press release. “It is an honor to acknowledge the success they have achieved.”
• Distinguished Service Award: Recognized as the industry’s highest honor, the Distinguished Service Award recognizes an individual within the RV Industry who sets themselves apart through outstanding service. This year’s recipient was Jeff Hanemaayer, chairman of Roadtrek Motorhomes Inc. “Through his leadership roles with RVIA, the Canadian Recreational Vehicle Association (CRVA), Go RVing and Go RVing Canada, Jeff has served as an ambassador helping to unite the RV markets in Canada and the United States to create a true North American RV industry,” said Fore. “He helped guide the formation of RVIA’s Canadian Coalition Committee that is focused on harmonizing standards, synchronizing Go RVing advertising efforts and coordinating legislative and regulatory lobbying efforts.”
• Special Award: Sid Johnson, director of marketing at Jayco Inc., was honored with the Special Award for his extraordinary contributions to the RV industry’s overall success. As a 12-year member of RVIA’s Market Information Committee, including service as chairman from 2006-20011, Johnson has helped guide the transition of industry shipment data into the electronic age. “Through his leadership, RVIA has advanced the accuracy, relevance and timeliness of industry shipment data and market research that members rely upon to make critical business decisions,” said Fore.
• Distinguished Achievement in RV Standards – The Distinguished Achievement in RV Standards Award, honoring an individual making outstanding contributions toward the advance of standards in the RV industry, was presented to Dave Mihalick, standards compliance manager at Thor Industries Inc. “In his service as member of RVIA’s Standards Steering Committee and chairman of the Foreign Affairs Subcommittee, Dave is leading the charge in addressing critical standards and harmonization issues related to the import and export of RV products,” said Fore. “This is critically important work as the RV industry develops an even greater global footprint.”
RVIA also announced the following award recipients who were not able to attend the Annual Meeting. These awards will be presented at RVIA’s Committee Week in Washington, D.C. in June.
• David J. Humphreys Industry Unity Award – Lance Wilson, Florida RV Trade Association
• National Scholastic Award – Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
• National Education Service Award – Steve Evenson, Winnebago Industries Inc.
• Distinguished Achievement in RV Journalism – HGTV
• National Legislative Award – Ray Beebe, Winnebago