The RV Industry Association (RVIA) will host a safety seminar for members geared toward employee safety in the workplace on April 17.
According to a release, the day-long event, “Creating a Safer Workplace: A Leadership Perspective,” will take place at 8 a.m. at the RV/MH Hall of Fame in Elkhart, Ind., and will provide a scope of workers’ safety in motorhome and travel trailer production facilities. A light breakfast of pastries and assorted drinks will begin at 7 a.m.
The seminar will focus on ways to identify and solve safety issues by covering topics such as:
• Safety Performance Impact.
• Safety Statistics for the Industry.
• Taking the First Step: Understanding Your Own Safety Data.
• Elements of a High Performing (and Safe) Organization.
• Incident investigation and Root Cause Analysis.
• Corrective Action for Hazards: The Control Hierarchy.
• Myths and Beliefs about Safety.
• Safety and Quality: The Result of Effective Leadership
Ted Schorn, vice president of quality and technology with Enkei America Inc., will serve as presenter for the event. He has authored numerous books and papers on workplace safety and leadership training. Previously, Schorn helped our trailer industry resolve wheel issues and he taught quality control measures in a series of workshops for our membership.
Registration is now open through April 12 for this members-only event. To sign up click here.
RVIA to Host NHTSA Seminar May 1
RVIA will host its 4th Annual National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Seminar, complimentary to all members on May 1. The event will commence at 8 a.m. at the RV/MH Hall of Fame in Elkhart, Ind., and is scheduled to end at 2 p.m. Lunch will be provided.
This year’s seminar will focus on the potential life stages of a recall including: identifying a potential issue that requires further investigation, elevating such issue to a safety committee, investigating and identifying the elevated issue and administering a recall campaign; in addition to reviewing basic federal motor vehicle safety standards and the function of a safety committee.
There will be a special keynote presentation given by Bruce York of NHTSA and Trevor Lehouillier of Transport Canada, followed by interactive break-out sessions where attendees will have the opportunity to discuss an assortment of topics with their peers, as well as industry compliance veterans and outside legal counsel serving the industry. These topics include:
• Basic Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) Review.
• Issue Identification.
• Safety Committee Function.
• Recall Investigation and Identification (two repeat sessions – choose one to attend).
• Recall Campaign Execution.
To register click here.