RVs have drawn significant media attention throughout the summer with the RV lifestyle and the RV industry appearing in high-profile stories and interviews in major news outlets around the country.
RVIA Today Express reported that major stories resulting from the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association’s (RVIA) work with media included:
• On June 28, Richard Coon was a guest on two segments of the highly-rated FOX & Friends morning show. RVIA worked with producers to transform the plaza outside the FOX studio in New York City into a campground-like setting complete with four RVs (motorhomes from Entegra and Winnebago, and towable RVs from Forest River and Airstream), fire pits, a grill, outdoor games, and burgers, hot dogs and s’mores. Coon walked hosts through how to use RVs to have a comfortable, convenient and flexible camping experience.
• A June 29 New York Post article chronicled a reporter’s first-time RV trip. The family hit the road in a Fleetwood motorhome, and – despite some minor misadventures that go along with being first-timers – they enjoyed the comfort, convenience and family bonding.
• On July 29, the Wall Street Journal published a piece offering potential buyers tips on RV financing.
• The Wall Street Journal followed this with a print and online piece on how antique and vintage-themed RVs are making a comeback on Aug. 22.
• In late July and early August, a “Made in the USA” segment about RVs aired on nationally syndicated talk show “Daytime” in 130 media markets. The segment was viewed by an estimated 1.3 million viewers.
• On August 9, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel wrote that RVs sales are booming because of the improving economy, retiring baby boomers and new models being offered by manufacturers.
• On August 14, TravelingMom.com founder Kim Orlando appeared on NBC’s Today Show to talk camping essentials. Orlando worked in a mentions of GoRVing.com, and discussed the joys and benefits of getting outdoors with family.
• The Summer issue of Fido Friendly magazine featured a two-page spread detailing why RVing is the perfect way to travel with a dog.
For more information and a complete list of RV coverage in the media, visit the media room at RVIA.org.