Available spaces have filled quickly for the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association’s (RVIA) free series of technical training seminars taking place Dec. 3-4 at the National RV Trade Show, with only limited spots remaining.
According to a press release, the sessions offering hands-on training for RV technicians are completely filled. Meanwhile, the seminars targeting RV service and parts managers have some space available. Those interested in securing space in the remaining open seminars are encouraged to register now.
RVIA is not only teaming with some of the industry’s leading supplier companies to host the comprehensive track of technical training seminars at no charge, the association is also reimbursing dealers with a $200 stipend to help offset some of the costs of bringing RV technical personnel to the show. Seminar participants will receive certificates and continuing education credits for each session attended.
The participating supplier companies are encouraged by the strong interest in the seminars in a debut year for the program.
“RVIA has put significant time and effort into this program, and we are excited to participate,” said Mary Pouliot, director of national account sales and customer service for Thetford Corp./Norcold Inc. “We are committed to the success of the program by providing the comprehensive training that dealers and their technicians staff want and need.”
“Lippert Components is excited to take this opportunity to provide insight on the new and exciting products that will be seen for the first time on many 2015 coaches,” said Jarod Lippert of Lippert Components. “We’re pleased with the strong registration and the ability for our company to explain the benefits and features of some never-before-seen products that dealers will need to know about going into the coming selling season. Our goal is to inform and educate our audience with enough knowledge to help sell these new features on their 2015 coaches.”
The schedule for the seminar sessions is:
Wednesday, Dec. 3
• 8-10 a.m./Room C101 — “The Attitude of Troubleshooting presented by Gary Bunzer, the RV Doctor” (Spaces Available) — Often times there is very little difference between an outstanding RV service shop and a mediocre shop, but that little difference can make a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it’s positive or contrary. The same holds true for the individual service technician, especially in the approach taken when troubleshooting a seemingly complex technical problem. This session is geared for RV Service Managers to take and then present it to their technicians in their own service facility.
• 10-11 a.m./Room C104 — “Atwood Mobile Products – New Product Overview” (Spaces Available) — Atwood Mobile Produces will present an overview of the features and benefits of the new rapid heat furnaces, air command air conditioners, helium refrigerators, and on-demand water heaters in a session designed for parts and service managers.
• 11 a.m.-noon/Room C101 – “Lippert Components – New Product Overview” (Spaces Available) – Lippert Components will offer an overview of the features and benefits for service and parts managers of new aftermarket products including new advancements in waste management, towing products, steps, and sleep solutions for the motorized and towable RV markets.
• 1-2 p.m./Room C104 – “Thetford/Norcold – New Product Overview” — (Spaces Available) — Thetford and Norcold will provide an overview of the features and benefits of large gas absorption refrigerators, small refrigeration units, and sanitation evacuation systems for service and parts managers.
• 2-5 p.m./Room C104 – “Thetford/Norcold – New Product Technician Training” (Session Filled) — This session from Thetford and Norcold will offer in-depth, hands-on technical training for RV technicians and service center employees on large gas absorption refrigerators, small refrigeration units, and sanitation evacuation systems.
Thursday, Dec. 4
• 8 a.m.-noon/Room C101 — “Lippert Components – New Product Technician Training” (Session Filled) – Lippert Components will provide in-depth, hands-on technical training for RV technicians and service center employees on the StrapTek weight distribution system; the Project 2000 Bedlift; the Linc Pad control hub; and the Wastemaster sewer hose and storage device.
• 1-5 p.m./Room C104 — “Atwood Mobile Products – New Product Technician Training” (Session Filled) — Atwood Mobile Products will provide in-depth, hands-on technical training for RV technicians and service center employees on the Atwood Rapid Heat Furnaces; Atwood Air Command Air Conditioners; Atwood Helium Refrigerators; and Atwood On-Demand Water Heaters.
RVIA’s National RV Trade Show is taking place Dec. 2-4 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville.