The Society of Certified RV Professionals was officially launched on Nov. 10 during the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association’s (RVDA) Annual Meeting as part of the 2014 RV Dealers International Convention/Expo in Las Vegas.
At the inaugural event, long-time certified dealership personnel were honored along with dealers who have been strong proponents of certification. Rick Horsey, chairman of the new society, honored the following dealership personnel in attendance for their long-time dedication:
• David Norris, certified technician from Parkview RV Center’s certification dates back to 1995.
• James Doll of Capital RV Center has been certified as a service manager since 2006 and as a warranty administrator since 2007.
• Debbie Norris of Parkview RV Center has held certification as a parts manager since 2006.
• Tony Yerman of TLY Consulting has been a certified parts specialist since 2006.
• Regina Kerr of Tennessee RV Sales and Service has been a certified warranty administrator since 2007.
“The society is open to credentialed RV professionals, and those that support them – from the dealer owner to Young Executive to those offering financial and other support,” said Horsey in a press release. “All RVDA/RVIA certified technicians and all RV Learning Center credentialed fixed operations certified personnel including those that aspire to become certified are members at no charge.”