AmeriGO RV Club, the newest RV consumer organization in the RV industry launched in August 2013, has named award-winning RV executive Sue Bray as editorial director for the company’s website, AmeriGOrv.com.
Amerigo also introduced its specialized team of bloggers, featuring RV experts to present “in-depth, compelling, and useful information” dedicated to RVers and the RV industry.
“Our goal at AmeriGO is to provide fresh and unbiased information on the many varied aspects of RVing,” said Joe McAdams, chairman of AmeriGO RV Club, in a press release. “We are confident that our excellent team of bloggers will accomplish that goal led by RV Hall-of-Famer Sue Bray, who is an acclaimed RV executive with more than 38 years of success in the RV industry.
“Sue has recruited and will manage our outstanding team of writers who are living and experiencing the RV lifestyle first-hand, and are definitely eager to share this knowledge with our members.”
Bray noted, “Having worked in the RV industry since 1976, I was attracted to the AmeriGO RV Club as a company focused on working on behalf of RV consumers. AmeriGO is evolving into a robust organization that truly represents RVers’ interests and passion for the ever-evolving and growing RV lifestyle. We look forward to being a most valuable resource for RVers everywhere.”
AmeriGO’s blogging team and contributing writers consist of individuals with diverse approaches to RVing that will add fresh content to the site on a daily basis. They include:
• Jill and Jose Ferrer, who decided to sell their three-bedroom home and move in to a 40-foot motorhome in 2002. They’ve been on the road ever since and will share their tips and secrets to enjoying the full-time RV lifestyle.
• Susie Kellogg and her husband, Dan, were recently featured on the Today Show after leaving their home in Colorado to spend a year traveling by motorhome. Offering a unique perspective, they brought their 12 children along for the ride.
• Barry Zander and his wife, Monique, are seasoned RVers who have traveled more than 130,000 miles during the past eight years in their travel trailer. They will share their favorite destinations and life moments from the road.
• Roxanne Camron is a professional writer and editor with more than 35 years of experience. In retirement, she is combining her love for writing and visiting new places by documenting her RV travels.
AmeriGO’s site will also feature a tech team offering more than 75 years of combined experience in the RV industry. The contributors draw on their experience from running their own RV repair shops to teaching seminars at rallies and conventions to testing new RVs and RV products.
Included among the expert team is Terry Cooper, known as the “Texas RV Professor.” Cooper is a certified RVIA/RVDA master technician who shares his knowledge and skills on the road with the Mobile RV Academy.
Also a certified RVIA/RVDA master technician, Gary Motley currently holds seats on various RVIA/RVDA committees, in addition to owning and operating an RV repair shop in Oklahoma City.
A number of writers/technicians with a variety of automotive and RV-related backgrounds will offer insight into the most common – and fixable – RV problems and solutions, as well as exclusive sneak peeks at new products and events.
Other contributors include:
• Al Hesselbart has been the historian for the RV/MH Hall of Fame for 20 years, and has been a featured speaker and provided vintage camping displays at RV shows and events all over the world.
• Professional dog trainer Genie Tuttle offers advice on traveling with and training man’s best friend using positive techniques.
• Evada (Lady E) Cooper contributes RV living advice – how to store items, useful RV appliances, and easy to make RV recipes.
• Jill Coe is a seasoned RVer and an enthusiastic NASCAR fan who has taken her RV to nearly all the tracks around the country.
• Nutritionist and avid RVer Sylvia Tarnuzzer offers diet and exercise tips and programs she’s developed while traveling in her 40-foot motorhome.
• RVing equestrians can communicate with Bill Wertman, who travels the horse show circuit in a fifth-wheel trailer.
• Club members will also enjoy Tootsie, an RVing dog with a blog (and a sense of humor) who offers her unique, canine-friendly perspective on life in an RV.
“The AmeriGO RV Club website brings this broad and diverse group of bloggers together under one umbrella,” said McAdams. “The information and content they provide play an integral part of the engaging community we are developing. They have contributed greatly to the development of the AmeriGO RV Club, and we are delighted to be sharing their knowledge and enthusiasm with our members.”