Elkhart, Ind.-based TekModo Structures LLC, a manufacturer of lightweight composites for the cargo, commercial, RV, and marine market sectors, announce the introduction of the Fortis lightweight composite panel.
According to a press release, the Fortis panel is designed as a “superior replacement” to luan and other composite panels available throughout the marketplace. Fortis is now being produced on two dedicated, state-of-the art production lines in Elkhart.
Fortis composites can be produced in a wide range of thicknesses, cut-to-size panels, or full-width, continuous coils up to 600 feet in length. Applications include seamless, one-piece exterior wall substrates, seamless front/rear radius wraps, one-piece ramp doors, interior décor panels, roof decking and composite floor substrates.
Throughout the entire development of this product, specific attention was given to minimize ‘glue dive,’ to maximize bond strength, improve surface quality, and reduce glue weights for both hot melt and liquid moisture cure adhesive systems, the company said.
• Seamless, one-piece, full-wall substrate.
• Lightweight with minimized delamination and increased impact strength.
• Maximize manufacturing efficiencies – panels and coils are cut to size.
• Reduce thermal expansion, and water and rot damage.
• Increased insulation values.
• Reduce noise transmission and surface gel coat cracks.
The company said that TekModo is also in the process of releasing structures for several different exterior walls systems, roof systems and structural systems.