RV manufacturer Thor Industries Inc. has received a large order for its new M1000 series of mid-sized European-styled buses, according to the Jackson Center, Ohio-based company.

Thor got an order for 60 of its M1000 units from ABC Bus Companies Inc., a distributor of highway motorcoaches. The order from ABC is worth more than $6 million, according to Thor.

The 60 units will be produced at Thor’s General Coach plant in Imlay City, Mich.

Thor also recently introduced a 35-foot, low-floor, heavy-duty transit bus called the EZ Rider II, which will be built at Thor’s ElDorado National subsidiary in Chino, Calif.

Additionally, Thor Chairman Wade F.B. Thompson recently revealed that the company is “on schedule with the development of our zero emission, fuel cell hybrid bus which will be in operation in 60 days.”

During Thor’s fiscal year 2001, which ended July 31, 35% of its sales revenue came from building buses. The remaining 65% came from building RVs.