Economic futurist Jeff Thredgold of Thredgold Economic Associates told RV dealers from the U.S. and Canada that economic indicators are moving in the right direction and that “there will be growth throughout 2010 and 2011.”
Thregold was the keynote speaker at the opening general session of the 2009 RV Dealers International Convention/Expo on Oct. 6, according to RVDA Executive Today.
During the general session Thredgold shared insights in the global economy, while focusing on the U.S. and Canada. His realistic, but positive approach helped attendees to understand the current economic environment.
He made the following key points:
- Even though this is the most painful time in 75 years, sales prospects are better now than ever.
- Consumers remain aggressive and are more prone to negotiate.
- There is guaranteed growth in leisure and entertainment sectors, which will help the RV industry.
- As the U.S. and global economies improve, individual state economies will stabilize and grow as well.
- It is better to be proactive, and find ways to improve business, rather than being reactive in the current economy.