Tickets are now on sale for the 4th Annual “Running with Spoons” cooking competition fundraiser benefiting Bashor Children’s Home in Goshen, Ind. According to a press release, the event is sponsored by Nuway Construction, Scott and Kim Welch and the Welch Packaging Group and Don and Theresa Gunden.
Eleven local business and community leaders will compete by cooking up their favorite dishes for attendees to sample during the Sept. 5 event at the Lerner Crystal Ballroom. Doors open at 5:45 for the 6 p.m. event. Attendees will vote for their favorite dishes and chefs with donations going to Bashor Children’s Home and the winner will receive the Bashor Golden Spoon Award. Tickets are $50 per person or $80 per couple and there is no reserved seating. Tickets can be purchased at bashor.org.
“This is a great opportunity to enjoy delicious homemade food graciously prepared by highly respected leaders in our community while helping Bashor serve children who come to us when they have nowhere else to go,” said Steve Riikonen, director of development at Bashor Children’s Home.
All the proceeds from “Running with Spoons,” including donations given during voting, will go directly to helping support the programs at Bashor Children’s Home and care for survivors of human trafficking in our community.
This year, competing chefs include:
● Dr. Leonard and Karen Kiboloski.
● Ryan Casey and Ron Mullet, Forest River.
● Kevin and Autstin McArt, Forest River.
● Nanci Wirt and Rachel Rump, n.wirt design.
● Matt and Amanda Kain, Polyelectronics LLC.
● Blake Borger, Patrick Industries, and Brian Hardy, Williamsburg Furniture.
● Triniti Gawthrop and Amy Shah, Brandactivate.
● Randy Harrison and Bryton Shreve, Elkhart Indian Motorcycles.
● Ryan Craig and Brian Rzepka, Praxis Group/Patrick Industries.
● Marty Blenner and Sarah Sark, Bashor Children’s Home.
● Todd Meier and Andy Roeder, Bennington/Polaris.