Thor Motor Coach (TMC) announced the introduction of the new Delano Sprinter Class C motorhome built on a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis.
According to a press release, the Delano Sprinter RVs feature subtle curves in its cabinetry and hints of gray and tan in the interior fabrics. The new cabinetry is from TecnoForm S.p.A., an Italian company whose designs are displayed in many European yachts and caravans. A large moonroof over the cab-over bunk integrates with a new front cap, highlighting the sharp linear exterior graphics package.
The Delano is built on the new 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter diesel chassis and features a safety system typically found in high-end luxury cars. Standard safety features include:
- Active Distance Assist Distronic – If enabled when cruise control is on, the system keeps the RV a selective car length distance between itself and the automobile in front.
- Attention Assist – Develops a driver profile and compares it to a number of environmental and driving behaviors to detect signs of tiredness and recommend when it’s time to pull over for a rest.
- Active Brake Assist – Helps prevent accidents by detecting a vehicle in front of the chassis and automatically brakes.
- Blind Spot Assist – Detects if a vehicle is to the left or right of the Sprinter and gives an audible warning when the turn signal is in use and even monitors when a driver is exiting the vehicle.
- Active Lane Keeping Assist – Detects accidental lane drifts with the assistance of the camera in the windshield and brings the Sprinter chassis back on track.
- Crosswind Assist – Detects crosswinds or sudden gusts and automatically compensates so the chassis is only briefly and slightly off track and remains in its lane.
- Emergency Call – Able to notify rescue services either automatically after a serious crash or by the driver pressing the corresponding button.
- Traffic Sign Assist – Draws additional attention to speed limits
- Wet Wiper System – A rain sensor that ensures optimum visibility even when wiping the windscreen.
For more information on the Delano Sprinter, visit https://www.thormotorcoach.com/delano-sprinter.