The Mike Molino RV Learning Center and strategic partner KPA will host a free webinar on Oct. 15 at 2 p.m. (EDT) entitled ‘Using Incentives to Engage and Motivate Your Workers (Compliantly).’
According to a press release, attendees will learn what constitutes employee engagement, what motivates people when it comes to work and participation, what makes a successful incentive program, six effective practices for incentivizing safety, OSHA’s position on incentive programs, and concrete ways to avoid the risks of underreporting.
After attending the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Define employee engagement and identify motivation factors.
- Apply OSHA’s position on incentive programs to ensure that their programs are compliant.
- Identify ways to determine if underreporting is present in their workplace.
- Identify the factors that define successful incentive programs and the accompanying performance results.
- Recognize leading and lagging indicators and identify the appropriate uses of each.
- Apply six essential best practices for incentivizing safety in their organization.
In October of 2018, OSHA issued a memorandum clarifying its position on incentive programs, stating specifically that rate-based incentive programs are now permissible — a shift in position from the agency’s earlier stance — as long as they are not implemented in a manner that discourages reporting.
To register, click here. Those who cannot attend the live webinar can also register for later access to webinar materials.