> SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE! 

Winalta Inc.’s acquisition of Peak Manufacturing Inc.’s assets in Saskatchewan was finalized earlier this week and Winalta has formed a new subsidiary called Vanguard Inc. to build travel trailers, fifth-wheels and Class C motorhomes in the former Peak plant in North Battleford, Saskatchewan.
Winalta, a manufactured, modular and site-built home producer, acquired Peak’s Saskatchewan assets after Peak filed for protection from creditors under Canadian bankruptcy law.
Now, Winalta owns 70% of Vanguard and an investor group owns the other 30%.
The Vanguard brand of RVs “has been synonymous with quality in Canada since 1968,” according to Winalta. Vanguard also will continue marketing products under the Frontier, Security and Kodiak brand names.
Winalta Chairman and CEO James Sapara said, once again, that RV production at the former Peak manufacturing plant in North Battleford “will not skip a beat.”