Winegard Co. announced the addition of key personnel to drive its future endeavors in IoT (Internet of Things) and 5G technology.
“We were pioneers in 1953 with the invention of the multichannel TV antenna and we have never stopped innovating,” said Grant Whipple, president and COO for Winegard, in a press release. “We have strategically shifted the company over the last five years to focus on future technology such as Wi-Fi, 5G and IoT technology in all we design and build.”
• Lance Beck joins Winegard as director of product development for the Internet of Things (IoT) division. He brings a proven track record of success from the industrial monitoring and smart home connectivity markets. He also offers extensive application experience with various control system inputs including remote app control and AI voice recognition.
• Marvin Metzler has been named the senior director of business development for the mobile division. He will lead the team housed in the Elkhart, Ind., innovation center. Metzler has an extensive background in the RV, automotive, power sports and marine industries and is the former president and CEO of Mito Corp.
• James Witty joins the company as new business development director for the RV OEM division. Witty has held positions at The RV Factory and Nexus RV. In a few short months, Witty has expanded Winegard’s footprint among key manufacturers.
• Chris Panelli and Steven Zonker join Winegard in Elkhart as RV OEM account managers.They will work directly with OEMs to help accessorize RVs with attractive satellite, OTA and connectivity options that consumers want while RVing. Panelli has worked for Keystone RV Co., Nexus and Forest River Inc. Zonker has worked in the RV industry for several years, most recently as the national sales manager at The RV Factory.
• Shelby DeWulf has been named the director of corporate marketing. Her background in the technology and manufacturing industries gives her a strong understanding of IoT, WiFi and cellular technologies and how consumers can benefit from high-performance connectivity.