Winnebago Industries Inc. announced that its 2020 accessibility-enhanced motorhome line will offer a slate of updated features and is being carried by two new dealers, Stoltzfus RV and U.S. Adventure RV, along with existing dealers including Lazydays RV. The new lineup will be on display at America’s Largest RV Show, Sept. 11-15 at the Giant Center in Hershey, Pa.
According to a press release, all 2020 models now feature air-assisted doors for wheelchair lifts. The new Intent 30R AE features a power Murphy bed-sofa providing additional living space when not in use, and the 202 30T AE Adventurer offers a sofa-bed to accommodate additional passengers.
With three standardized floorplans, the Winnebago AE motorhome lines allows people in wheelchairs to travel with comfort and confidence. The addition of more dealers also helps ensure the customer base can have access to view and test models in advance of a purchase.
While the updated AE 2020 line provides expanded accommodations for traveler freedom, the coach also standardizes the purchasing process through its dealers.
In addition to the new features, the accessibility-enhanced RV line includes floorplans reflect the most commonly requested design elements such as:
- Platform wheelchair lift with an 800-pound lifting capacity.
- Air assisted door, with wall-mount and key-fob remote controls for wheelchair entry and exit.
- Expanded hallway and bathroom areas.
- Large roll-in shower with an assist bar and available folding bench seat, and adjustable height shower head, Raised toilet with assist bars.
- Roll under lavatory sink standard on 30T AE Adventurer floorplan.
- Electric adjustable queen bed standard on 34T AE Forza, optional for 30T AE Adventurer (or power Murphy sofa-bed depending on the model).
- Thermostatically or remote-control roof vents.
- Wall-mounted light and generator switches.
- Lower installation of the systems monitor panel.
- Optional six-way power transfer seat.
- Optional lower microwave placement.
“Our goal has always been to help our customers explore the outdoor lifestyle, enabling extraordinary experiences as they travel, live, work and play. The accessibility-enhanced line opens new doors for those who may have thought their traveling days were over,” says Robert Kim, head of Winnebago’s Speciality Vehicle Division. “We are thrilled to be partnered with these new dealers to expand the availability of the AE lines as we continue to grow and adapt our products in response to our customers’ needs.”